2020 First Half Retrospective30 Jun, 2020 — 2 min
I haven’t posted here much in this year, but that doesn’t mean I haven’t been doing things. Here’s what’s gone up so far this year:
I graduated from RIT with a BS in New Media Interactive Development, a Minor in Museum Studies, and summa cum laude honors 🎉
New Sites & Projects
- Food & Food Experiments Site - I’ve been doing a lot of cooking & baking over the last year and you can read about that here. There are recipes I’ve modified and data on what my roommates think of me putting random flavors in food then feeding it to them.
- Visualizations - I’ve been playing with data visualization for fun; this is the home for all of that.
- Find - A search engine for content across all my websites (Note: some sites haven’t been added yet but are coming soon).
- Smithsonian Institute Collections Visualization - Interactive visualization of the SI’s Collection contents and origins.
I have two domains, ctmartin.me and ctmartin.dev. There is now a semi-formal split between these. The .dev domain is going to be me portfolio and host all projects related to me in a more professional capacity. The .me domain is going to be for me as a person, non-development things, and side projects that are not neccessarily portfolio-ready.
For example, .me will host the original content for portfolio pieces, and .dev will host the cleaned version to present it in a more understandable and context-aware manner.
However, this is more an organizational change than anything, it’s not absolute and the two will link between each other. Additionally, I’ll be cross-posting a bit more; e.g. annoucing new projects on this blog.
- Several blog posts on a variety of topics
- New portfolio site with updated look and content
- New email, which will be propagated across sites in the near future
- I’m in the process of moving across the country.
- I don’t really like posting personal information online, but it’s pride month so 🏳️🌈